Valet parking is the norm with a lot of establishments, but sometimes its hard to know what to do when its your term. Some Common valet parking etiquette questions are answered by Etiquette Expert and Modern Manners Authority Diane Gottsman some really neat topis on manners and etiquette with valet parking.
Commonly asked valet etiquette questions:
1. Is a tip mandatory when I am already paying a service fee? Tipping is always a nice gesture. Whether you are paying a standard fee or valet parking is offered on a complimentary basis, tipping is still customary. The going rate is $3-5 per vehicle.
2.Do I tip before or after? Most people tip the valet who retrieves their car when they’re ready to leave. However, tipping when you hand over the keys can lead to better service — maybe a spot in the shade or a primo parking spot that so that your car is quickly retrieved after the show. You may wish to pay $2-3 to the attendant who takes your car and $2-3 to the one who brings it back to you — more if they have it waiting by the curb for you or offer you a bottle of cold water on a hot, humid day.
3. Am I overcautious to clean out my car before leaving it with a valet? Your checkbook, bank statement and personal items should all be tucked away out of sight before you pull into the valet stand. Do this not only for the protection of your articles, but also to protect the valet from being unjustly accused of a missing item.
4.Does it pay to be extra nice for better service? Like anyone, valet attendants are much more responsive to drivers who are respectful and pleasant. Instead of throwing your keys at an attendant and barking a command such as “Watch the paint and don’t change any settings,” try treating the valet with the same respect you would give your best client. You will be amazed at how far a little kindness goes.
5. Do I have to pay an extra tip if I ask the valet to retrieve something in my car? If you ask the valet attendant to retrieve your car because you forgot your cell phone, lipstick, purse or briefcase, this is an extra service that requires an extra tip.
6. Do I stay in my car or get out when I pull up to the curb? Stay with your vehicle until the valet greets you and retrieves your keys. He or she may ask you to move forward or park your car in a different area.
8. Should I give the valet my entire ring of keys or just my “valet” key? The valet should have your car key with the remote control fob. This is extra insurance that the valet will find your car quickly — if necessary they can use the remote to locate your car by flashing the lights or sounding the horn.
9. What if I lose my valet ticket? The retrieval process always moves more quickly when the valets don’t have to search for your car. Another good reason to follow the instructions of #8 – and offer a bigger tip for the inconvenience.
Atlanta is one of the busiest places in the world. Home to the world’s busiest airports, two professional sports team, numerous convention and event facilities, themeparks, and other tourist attractions, there is always plenty to see and do. Unfortunately Atlanta is notorious for its parking and traffic woes. A valet parking company is essential to making your event a success.
Why a Quality Valet Service for your Atlanta event?
A professional valet parking service company identifies various needs of the client and tailors the solutions according to choices of its customers. They also ensure that the customized parking solution fits the set budget of their customers in Metro Atlanta.
The customized solutions offered by professional parking services providers include the best parking management services such as traffic management, guest shuttle services, greeters and traffic directors. The high-end venues in Metro Atlanta, where the celebrities and regular folks converge to super packed nightclubs, require quality parking management, which only a professional valet parking services provider can provide these services.
A Well-Organized and Professional Valet is What Your Business Needs!
When a Metro Atlanta business contacts a professional valet parking service provider, he gets all the necessary services to ensure a well-organized and professional parking management. With qualified staff, a Metro Atlanta valet parking service company eliminates the stress and worry about guest arrival and departure. It, therefore, offers the following services to ensure a disciplined parking service:
The parking service ensures that the valet parking during any occasion and event is uniformed. Using standard parking directional signs, the valet service provider directs the vehicles in a more uniformed manner.
It has all necessary equipments to ensure a smooth parking management. Besides bold-lettered and colorful directional signs, the valet parking company has traffic control cones and other proper equipments to ensure safe and well-organized parking. It also has flashlights and umbrellas to use in case of an emergency.
Class A Valet parking service provides valet key-storage apparatus and two-way walkie-talkies to ensure well-coordinated parking.
Contact Us Today for more information on out services.